If production agriculture is your career choice, then New Century Farmer may be the program for you. Each year the National FFA Organization selects an elite group of FFA members between the ages of 18 and 24 who are currently attending or are recent graduates of a two- or four-year college or university to attend the all-expense-paid New Century Farmer conference. New Century Farmer provides you with an opportunity to advance your leadership, personal and career skills. During the five-day conference, you and other future producers will learn from each other and industry experts as you discuss the topics and issues that affect today’s production agriculturists.
What You Will Experience at the New Century Farmer Conference:
- Learn how farmers can profit from value-added products, the use of emerging technology, new farm business opportunities and business alliances with other producers.
- Learn ways to overcome common challenges faced by young farmers.
- Grow both personally and professionally.
- Network with a group of extraordinary young men and women who are excited about pursuing farming as a career.
- Learn the importance of advocacy.
Why You Should Attend The New Century Farmer Conference
During this intensive five-day conference, July 8-14, 2018 in Des Moines, IA, you will network with industry experts, presenters and other aspiring farmers while attending a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
Some of the things you will take away:
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
Is New Century Farmer for You?
Our attendees should:
- Be currently attending or a recent graduate (within six months) of a two- or four-year college or university and be between the ages of 18-24.
- Have experience in the field of production agriculture.
- Demonstrate plans to return to a career in production agriculture through work experience, training or other activities including but not limited to academic classes, FFA involvement and/or SAE projects.
- Be a current or former FFA member, or a member of the National FFA Alumni Association.
- Here’s an idea of who attended in 2017.
How to Apply
The application process for the 2018 program will open Dec. 15, 2017 at 8 a.m. EST. and all applications must be completed by Feb. 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
Step by Step Process:
- Prepare before starting the application by reading the Application Rubric and FAQs.
- Login to FFA.org – How to create an account.
- Complete the application.
NOTE: Your application is not valid until you have successfully completed the entire process and received a confirmation email.
When Katherine Fazzino’s father and grandfather needed an organic fertilizer that increased crop yields but would not damage the soil, Katherine came to the rescue.